My Boys






Friday, April 23, 2010

Oh Grant...how we love you

The other day the husband was outside and cleaning up the yard while the dogs were running in the woods behind the house. A neighbors tiny little yappy dog ran up to my husband barking like crazy. Now this is bad for 2 reasons. First of all, Grant doesn't appreciate any dog barking at us, never mind running up to his yard and barking at us. Second of all, this dog is really tiny, as in the size of his stuffed animals that we have to take away when he pulls all of the stuffing out of their eyes after shaking them violently.

So Lou gets the dog to calm down while the owner comes and retrieves him. He really is a sweet little tiny guy :) All of a sudden Lou hears it, a tiny jingling sound coming from the woods. The distinct sound of Grant's tags clinking together as he runs full speed. Lou tells the guy to get the dog and go, the guy looks confused and then sees Grant running full speed at him. Complete with tongue lolling out to the side and his dingo look in his eyes. He doesn't even look as he runs and leaps off the back patio 3 feet to the ground without breaking his sprint. Lou actually needed to tackle him on the front yard because he was going for the kill.

Grant was so upset that night that he "failed" in protecting his property. He just wanted to lay around with us... did I mention he likes to wrap himself in the babies blankets - crazy dog. He has now had two more confrontations with this dog in the middle of the street now - so now we need to watch him more when he is outside. Thankfully he is not the aggressor - but unfortunately he would kill this dog without ever realizing it was not a toy. He keeps us on our toys.

as a sidenote on my health: I think I am o.k. :) I haven't checked my BP in 2 weeks honestly, I need to start again because I usually lower/ go off BP meds when not pregnant. I have a follow up glucose tolerance test that I have a feeling may come back as prediabetic or type II. I have tested my sugars a couple of times since being home and my after meals are good - but my fastings are too high. We will see how it goes but I am prepared for it to be shitty. Oh well, we have survived worse. So I am good. Actually have a cold it feels like so I am just taking care of baby and pumping and that is all. Pumping has been the same - still only producing about 50% of what little man eats - but I am not worried about it. I am not going crazy with the pumping either - I am only pumping 6 times a day maybe 7, not the recommended 10-12. As it is, pumping for 2-3 hour a day is rough, I can't imagine doing it more!

3 comments:

  1. Our male doxie cornered the neighbors Yorkie that had come under the fence. I'm pretty sure he thought it was a rat and was going to kill it. Thank goodness we heard the squealing and intervened before anything happened.

    Oh, and I recommend Domperidone- cousin of Reglan but doesn't cross the blood brain barrier so none of the nasty side effects of depression and weird muscle movement. I started it at 4 weeks when I couldn't make enough milk (we were still in the NICU) and then it helped me exclusively pump for 12 more months. I also used it with my 2nd baby. It was sooo good to still get some sleep but be able to produce more than enough milk I needed. Yes, you risk it getting caught in customs but mine never did. I LOVE it!! Feel free to email me @ ladybug76135@yahoo.com if you have questions.

    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie, I am glad to hear you are doing better. Hoping you can go off your BP medicine soon.

    ReplyDelete