It happened, my baby turned 1. He had his first birthday check up on Tuesday. The day before he turned one. Which actually really sucked since it meant he had to miss two vaccines due to not being one yet, seriously a day too early.
He is 21.4 lbs and 29.5 inches long (25th % / 25 %). He is doing great. He is off the B-O-T-T-L-E (we have to spell it out around here!) and 100% on sippy cups. He switched over to milk this weekend- no more formula mixing ( a bane since I stopped pumping at 4 months). He LOVE it. I have been buying him organic milk since I am nervous about the growth hormones- please someone tell me it is not worth it because I hate spending the extra $ - even though from what his doctor said he thinks he'll be short so maybe the hormones would help! Totally not a baby anymore :sigh:
Wednesday was his birthday and we hung out all day :) We played and laughed and just cuddled and cooked. It was so special to hold him remembering a year ago when he was first born. Then the hubby and I went and got him a bike! He loves it! One of those 3 - in- 1 trikes.
Here the birthday boy is on it!!!








A year. I love you baby boy!

Then on Thursday I flew out to "Condiment Clinic" for my interview. It went amazing. What a beautiful facility. Top notch technology. Personnel treated with respect. It was wonderful. I got a small tour by the department head when he picked me up to start the interview. Sculptures. Paintings. Blown Glass artwork. I met with the lab head for 30 minutes for a quick lab tour. Well... we talked so much we couldn't tour the whole lab. I needed to get the abbreviated tour! Then I was grilled for an hour by the department head, lab supervisor and medical director. It went as well as those interviews can go. Then we went to lunch and I came home. The "Condiment Clinic" saga will be a post on its own.
I got home Friday night around 11:15 pm. Party was Saturday at 3! I felt like I didn't really get to mingle - but that's because there were 50! people there. Crazy. Here was our fishy cake:
A friend from work who bakes wonderfully, made these supplemental cupcakes. The orange octopus - well that is a smash cake she made him :) He is so lucky for so many people to care about him. The bakery gave me a small smash cake with his name and whatnot on it - but gosh was this better ! So thankfully Rebec made it for him.
He totally smashed the whole cake before tasting it. Just squishing it around while people started to lose their patience and were yelling "bite it!"
and finally he did.... then he continuously shoveled in the remainder (except for the portion that somehow made it into his diaper...)

Mommy and the messy birthday boy!
Then we had to open presents. OH MY! He got so much cool stuff. I guess that's what happens when you have 50 amazing people come by. I am not looking forward at all to all the thank you's this weekend!

A year. I love you baby boy!

I love the cake pics. :) I am so looking forward to that in a few weeks. We are getting Nora a 3-1 trike, too. Happy Birthday, sweet Lou!
ReplyDelete