My Boys






Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Good things - and bad cars

O.K. I really should take that back- I love our cars and the truck, when they are in working order that is.

So first up - the hubby has moved around career wise.

3 weeks ago he had a part-time job that paid kinda shitty but averaged 35 hours a week (when I am on call, which I can't be when pregnant, his money is kinda extra money - so the pay wasn't a problem).

2 weeks ago - he had the above mentioned part-time job with an additional part-time job :)

As of this week he has accepted a full-time job, pay slightly better than current part-time job - but guaranteed 5 hours of overtime a week... plus he can still keep the second new part-time job he got!

So time wise it will be tight for a while - but it will all work out. We are hoping that if Sprout makes it home with us he will be able to switch to part-time - they offer it - so theoretically it shouldn't be a problem.

But the vehicles... oh the vehicles. We have one fantastic little car - it is still fantastic with the exception of sorely needing new tires - knock on wood. The truck needed the E brake fixed. Hubby tackled it and suddenly we need a whole new break job. We live on a giant hill and snow will be coming in November I fear. Basically he needs to get into gear and get the truck fixed.

Now that he has all these jobs - I need to drive to the T in the morning because he isn't around to be my driver anymore. Well, even with the truck spazing out on us - it was going to be O.K. We had the camaro ready to go. Yeahhhhh - tonight it decided it wants a new alternator.

Now I have to get up for another 10 hour day tomorrow in 7 hours and have no idea how the hell I am getting to the train station. The hubby hasn't said the camaro is a no go yet. He is working on it still. Or at least avoiding answering any of my questions on when it can be done.

I swear - one day I am just going to call a tow truck and have the truck brought to the dealership and fixed so it is over and done with. Seriously - my non-mechanic husband is doing a break job. That just doesn't feel right to me. At least his mechanic buddy will help him..... and he is in the auto field so I should give him more credit - I JUST WANT IT DONE ALREADY.

But I must resist yelling about it. He has had a busy and productive few weeks and I am so proud of all his recent successes - let's hope he can add taming the vehicles to the next list :)

Sorry my grammar is appalling - it was another 10 hour day. Only 2 more to go until 4 days off!!! The 3rd day off is little Belle's one year anniversary with us! Hubby will be making her a bison cake :) .... and that 4th day off is our next u/s of Sprout and the wonderful MFM :)

Finally, yes, I am pretty sure I know Sprout's gender - no I am not telling - so stop asking! Another yes to names for both genders... I think the hubby is on board with them both - they seem right. Again, not telling! Lastly, to answer the big question - NO I am pretty sure we are not going to try and see the goods at any of the next dozens of u/s appt. after this upcoming one.

So I really didn't tell you guys much except to stop asking because I am not telling ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment